Preventing Low Back Pain with Chiropractic
It’s estimated that 8 out of every 10 people will suffer with lower back pain at some point in their life. This type of pain commonly sets in between the ages of 30 and 40, but can affect anyone, at any time. The good news is that there are some easy things you can do to avoid this often agonizing condition.
One of the best preventive measures you can take to avoid lower back pain is to receive chiropractic adjustments. These adjustments help to maintain proper position of the spine and spinal cord, so that the brain can clearly communicate with, and maintain, the health and function of cells, organs and other body parts.
In addition to chiropractic adjustments, add low-impact exercise to your daily routine. Things like walking, swimming, and riding a bike are extremely beneficial to the creation of strong lower back muscles.
Other keys to maintaining lower back health include:
• Stretching before doing any sort of physical activity
• Standing tall—no slouching (it puts strain on lower back muscles)
• Only sitting in chairs with good lumbar support
• Taking frequent mini-breaks to get up from your desk and walk around
• Wearing low heeled shoes
• Lifting heavier objects with your legs, not your back
• Maintaining a slimmer belly—larger waists equally larger back strain
• Keeping your spine strong by getting the recommended daily allowance of calcium and vitamin D